Crown and Bridge
Dental Crowns are a tooth-shaped cap which is placed on the tooth to restore the shape, size, and appearance of the tooth. It also enhances the strength of the tooth. If the major part of the tooth is missing, then the crown is the best solution for it. By placing the crown, a tooth can function normally again.
Dental crowns are used as caps on missing or fractured tooth to protect the life of your teeth. Dental Crowns are needed to:
- Protect or restore a tooth from fracturing due to accident or trauma
- Replace a tooth which is too large for a filling
- Get a cap over Implant placed
- Restore the tooth on which RCT was performed
- Cover discolored, misshaped or badly formed tooth
- Require a bridge in that case crowns are a must
In addition, Dental Crown gives your tooth the strength, shape, size and help to improve the appearance of your tooth. If your dentist has advised, you to get a crown and you are delaying the process then there are chances that you can damage your tooth to the extent that extraction is the last resort.
Moreover, not getting a dental crown can wear down other adjacent teeth causing damage.
Dental Crowns can be made in variety come in various materials such as: