Dental implants are easily the most popular and also the ideal solution, for replacing your missing tooth/teeth. They have definitely changed the course of dentistry in the last quarter of a century or so.
A dental implant is basically a titanium post that is surgically inserted into the jawbone beneath the gum line to work as a tooth root. Post insertion, an implantologist will attach a crown on top of the implant to ensure the appearance of a natural tooth.
Tooth Implants not only look and feel like your natural teeth but also function like.
One can face the problem of missing teeth at any point in life. Tooth loss can be due to trauma, accident, severe gum disease, tooth decay or even due to poor oral hygiene. If left untreated missing teeth can lead to various consequences such as:
- Speech problems resulting from the gap created by one or more missing teeth
- Difficulty in chewing
- Face may start to look older and wrinkled with sunken cheeks as missing teeth can cause sagging of muscles which can’t support lips & cheeks
- Pain in the facial muscles of the jaw resulting in an improper bite induced by the missing teeth
- Tooth decay and gum disease, over time, due to plaque accumulation & food entrapment in the gap caused by the missing teeth
- Dental Implants help restore the lost tooth and become the next best thing to your natural teet
- Implants are a durable solution with the potential to even outlive the patient
- Dental Implants help maintain the shape and contour of face & smile which can go wrong due to missing teeth making the facial muscles sag
- Implants don’t harm the adjacent tooth structure in any manner and protect healthy bone
- Implants ensure superior appearance and comfort with no speech issue to deal
- Implants boost your self-esteem for being a perfect solution to the missing tooth
- Implants give the freedom to enjoy your favourite foods without any worry